Clubhouse Preschool / Junior Kindergarten
Children inspire lesson plans as they share their interests with the teachers; teachers will provide content by having a sound understanding of child development. In addition, teachers will provide activities and materials that enable children to participate in activities matched to their various learning styles as well as provide a wide variety of developmentally appropriate materials for children to openly explore at their own pace. The overall goal of the Junior Kindergarten program will be to ensure that youth are academically, socially, and emotionally prepared for kindergarten.
What is Junior Kindergarten?
- Junior Kindergarten will run on the same schedule and calendar as the Brookings School District.
- Full-day school program: 7:45 a.m. to 3:22 p.m. (Wednesday 2:22 p.m.)
- Maximum of 18 students
- Available for youth in all school districts
- Your child will attend kindergarten the following year.
- Continued fee-based education option available for families from after school until 6:00 p.m.
As a parent, ask the following:
...Did you answer "yes" to any of the above?
Here's your next step:
Contact Brianne Bolstad, Preschool / Junior Kindergarten Teacher, Boys & Girls Club of Brookings (605-692-3333)
With direct withdrawal the cost is:
$425 -Junior Kindergarten
$65 - Continued Education
Without direct withdrawal the cost it:
$100 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a spot for the fall program
To register for full day Preschool/Junior Kindergarten, please fill out the following forms and return them to the Boys & Girls Club of Brookings:
2013-14 BGC Clubhouse Registration Form